Saturday, November 28, 2009

H1N1 Vaccine & Miscarriage

H1N1 Vaccine & MiscarriageSome Pregnant Women Fearful of H1N1 Vaccine

An article in Minneapolis Star Tribune reports on how some pregnant women are skeptical of the new H1N1 vaccine. Pregnant women are among the groups strongly advised to get the vaccine, but many women are less than thrilled about the idea of getting the shot, reporting concerns about the safety of the vaccine and possible effects for the unborn baby.

In the comments, women are reporting over and over a miscarriage after getting the vaccine.

Read more... & read more


TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Coming to Term: Uncovering the Truth About MiscarriageComing to Term: Uncovering the Truth About Miscarriage
-- After his wife lost four pregnancies, Jon Cohen set out to gather the most comprehensive and accurate information on miscarriage--a topic shrouded in myth, hype, and uncertainty. The result of his mission is a uniquely revealing and inspirational book for every woman who has lost at least one pregnancy--and for her partner, family, and close friends.

Approaching the topic from a reporter's perspective, Cohen takes us on an intriguing journey into the laboratories and clinics of researchers at the front, weaving together their cutting-edge findings with intimate portraits of a dozen families who have had difficulty bringing a baby to term.




Follow us on Twitter, join the conversation on our Facebook page, circle us on Google+.

More "Pregnancy Over 40" blogs to visit:

Life Begins...
- Miscarriage stories of loss, hope & help
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options & suggestions
Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 years old - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I was 5 weeks pregnant when I got the H1N1 vaccine. I received the shot on a Thursday and was very sore and achy on Friday. I miscarried my baby on Sunday, just 3 days after receiving the shot. This was my first pregnancy and I thought I was doing the best thing for myself and my baby by getting the shot. My doctor didn't warn me against waiting until I was further along nor was I aware of any warnings by the government.

Anonymous said...

Thats awful mandy asi said on another blog this is how there trying to bring in population control and not cluing anyone in. I am very sorry about ur baby and hope things are well for u now